Alliance Against Domestic Abuse (AADA) – Job Description
Job Title: Victim Advocate
Job Summary: The Victim Advocate will provide advocacy services to victims of domestic violence and sexual assault in a safe and confidential environment, primarily youth, as well as provide community outreach and education. 40 hours/week, reporting to the Executive Director, salaried position with benefits. Salary based on qualification.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Manage the youth program and youth advocacy which includes: meeting with children individually, in a crisis setting and on an on-going basis to provide support and advocacy to child victims of domestic violence and sexual assault. Plan and implement age-appropriate activities for the weekly children’s support group.
- Coordinate educational programs for youth in the community including presentations to students within the county, at-risk youth and any other youth-related group that may be interested in receiving education and/or prevention. Schedule and prepare presentations and keeping current and accurate statistical information from those presentations. Assist the Adult Advocate when needed for community presentations.
- Work with adult victims of domestic violence and sexual assault in a safe and confidential environment and provide victim advocacy to adult victims through housing assistance, court accompaniment, assistance with civil restraining orders, individual peer counseling, information and referrals, crisis intervention, safety-planning, safehousing and emergency services.
- Be on-call as scheduled. This will include at least one week and one weekend each month.
- Attend community meetings and foster good working relationships with community stakeholders and business leaders within the county and the state.
- Perform other tasks to assist with day-to-day operations. These tasks include, but are not limited to: fundraising, maintaining client files, administrative duties such as filing, data entry, statistical tracking, and office maintenance.
- Travel to the Buena Vista office when needed to serve clients residing in the Northern part of the county.
- Develop and implement communications plan for the organization.
Effective communication; strong interpersonal skills; conflict resolution; problem solving; commitment to quality work; teamwork; initiative.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent training/experience in domestic violence/sexual assault field preferred.
- Experience and knowledge on domestic violence and sexual assault client-centered services and trauma-informed practice.
- Passion for implementing the mission of the organization.
- Able to work some nights and weekends.
- Exceptional written and oral communication, and presentation skills.
- Expertise and proven skills in organizational communication, including outreach and awareness programming, social media, etc.
- Bilingual English/ Spanish desired
- Valid driver’s license, background check and motor vehicle record.
For more information on AADA, visit www.salidaalliance.org.
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Point of contact for this job opening is Andrea Schulz-Ward, Executive Director.
AADA is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, and an ‘At Will’ Employer
last updated 5/24